Thursday, July 19, 2012

San Miguel Pale Pilsen

To inaugurate this new endeavor, it is rather fitting to start from home.


I've been feeling homesick since I arrived back to these United States and figured a little reminder of home wouldn't hurt. This is beer. San Miguel Pale Pilsen. It doesn't have to be perfect. It doesn't have to be imported (though, funny enough, San Miguel is imported since I live here). All it has to do is hit the spot. And this, my friends, always hits the spot. Reminds me of my father, family, good friends. Its been the cause of problems, and the solution to said problems. It has accompanied me through the worst of times and its been there for the best of times. Whether to celebrate or commemorate, the brown bottle that holds this sweet elixir is a clear sign for better things to come.


While there are many Filipinos who live in New Jersey, San Miguel Pale Pilsen is not the easiest of finds in the Garden State. I mean, its not too hard. But it isn't easy. My liquor store of choice these days not only carries this oldie but goody, they also carry San Miguel Light (mehh) and Red Horse which more resembles what they call malt liquor. Red Horse was the beer of choice in college for the sole reason that Red Horse can accomplish more with less bottles than most beers in the market. For me, its not always about how fast you can get drunk. If you can't enjoy the journey, then whats the point?

By the way, that's the blog, in the background. Beerception?

2 comments:

  1. naalala ko dito UP village days.. the sari-sari store at ang mga tambay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah, reminds me of that too. Good old times pare. I hope you're doing good man. Regards to Tita.

      Delete

Be nice.